The CAECC is engaged in a broad-based stakeholder engagement effort to ensure its proposal represents the best thinking and input from our educators across the state.
Virtual Town Halls
The Committee hosted two Virtual Town Halls to update the community on CAECC draft proposals and solicit their input via Q&A at the end of each session.
- Presentation: CAECC – Virtual Town Hall Presentation – 9.22 & 9.25.2014
- Links to live recordings: September 22 | September 25
Educator Working Groups
The Committee will host two rounds of working sessions with educators from across the K-12 spectrum to present draft proposals for direct educator feedback.
- Round 1: September 30 and October 1
- Round 2: November 3 and November 5
The Committee will host multiple in-person open forums – at least one in each county – to present draft proposals and solicit input from the broader Delaware community. The dates for these discussions are indicated below.
- Monday, October 27: Sussex County: Session #1 – 4:00 – 5:30pm, Lewes Public Library and Session #2 – 6:30 – 8:00pm, Sussex County Chambers, Georgetown
- Tuesday, October 28: Kent County: Session #3 – 5:30 – 7:00pm, Dover Public Library
- Wednesday, October 29: New Castle County: Session #4 – 4:00 – 5:30pm, Bear Public Library and Session #5 – 6:30 – 8:00pm, Carvel Building, Wilmington
- Wednesday, November 12: Session #6 – 4:15pm – 5:45pm, William Penn HS Auditorium, 713 E. Basin Rd., New Castle, DE
- Presentation Materials: Town Hall Presentation 11-12-14
Staff contact details
For information on any of the above stakeholder engagement opportunities, or to provide direct feedback for CAECC consideration, please contact Donna Johnson, Executive Director of the Delaware State Board of Education. Email: email@example.com.
For all other inquiries, please contact Lindsay O’Mara, Education Policy Advisor, Office of the Governor. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.